Brunker Road Veterinary Centre remains open as an essential service.
As of Tuesday 19th May 2020, our protocol has been updated.
We are conducting consultations with our vets in our practice consultation rooms with one owner / carer present. Please read below for information.
Admissions and discharges will continue without face to face contact. Your pets will be collected and discharged at our front door by one of our nursing staff. Please read below for information.
Please read the following information before making your appointment.
- We ask that you have another person bring your pet to us:
- If you have travelled overseas or been on a cruise ship within the last 14 days
- If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
- If you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or a cough
- Please wait outside or in your vehicle and call 49572269 on arrival. We will ask you for a contact mobile number and that you remain in your car with your pet.
- For consultations – Call from your car on arrival. When your vet is ready, you will receive a call and ask that you come to our front door. You will be welcomed by our door staff and ushered straight into a consultation room with your pet. We ask that only one person per pet comes into the practice. If your pet needs close handling, your vet may take your pet into our hospital to be held by one of our nurses. Social distancing remains in our consultation rooms.
- For admissions – Call from your car on arrival. A nurse will call you and discuss your pet’s hospital / surgery. Our nurse will then advise you to come to our front door for your pet’s admission. Our staff will keep you informed regarding your pet’s progress and advise discharge instructions and time. There will be no visiting hours for hospitalised patients.
- For admissions and discharges:
- Our staff will use hospital leads. Once these are on your pet, you will be advised to remove their leads, harnesses and collars.
- Cats will be brought into our side room and transferred into a hospital carry box. Discharges of cats will be in the same manner.
- Staff and pet owners are to maintain social distancing.
- Owners are to move away from our front door when waiting.
- One person per pet to accompany your pet/s to the hospital door.
- All payments are to be made over the phone by card.
- For all medications and prescription food collection. Please call and order first. We will let you know when the item is ready for collection. If you need assistance, we can bring the item/s to your car.
- If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us to discuss options for treatment.
Our priorities are the safety and health of our patients, our clients, and our team.