Brunker Road Veterinary Centre remains open as an essential service.
To ensure the continuity of care for your pets, new measures have been introduced to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
We are now conducting admissions, consultations and discharges without face to face contact. Your pets will be collected and discharged at our front door by one of our nursing staff.
We have increased our surgery days to include Saturdays, and are now able to perform all routine & referral surgeries on Saturdays as well as weekdays.
Please read the following information before making your appointment.
- We ask that you have another person bring your pet to us:
- If you have travelled overseas or been on a cruise ship within the last 14 days
- If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
- If you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or a cough
- Please wait outside or in your vehicle and call 49572269 on arrival. We will ask you for a contact mobile number and that you remain in your car with your pet.
- For admissions – a nurse will call you and discuss your pet’s hospital / surgery. Our nurse will then advise you to come to our front door for your pet’s admission. Our staff will keep you informed regarding your pet’s progress and advise discharge instructions and time. There will be no visiting hours for hospitalised patients.
- For consultations – Your vet will call you on your phone to discuss your pet’s health and concerns. Your vet will then advise you to come to our front door for your pet’s admission with one of our nurses. Once your pet’s consultation is complete, your vet will discuss over the phone your pet’s healthcare.
- For all admissions and discharges:
- Our staff will use hospital leads. Once these are on your pet, you will be advised to remove their leads, harnesses and collars.
- Cats will be brought into our side room and transferred into a hospital carry box. Discharges of cats will be in the same manner.
- Staff and pet owners are to maintain social distancing.
- Owners are to move away from our front door when waiting.
- One person per pet to accompany your pet/s to the hospital door.
- Payments are to be made over the phone.
- For all medications and prescription food collection. Please call and order first. We will let you know when the item is ready for collection. If you need assistance, we can bring the item/s to your car.
- If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us to discuss options for treatment.
Our priorities are the safety and health of our patients, our clients, and our team.